I just received a cool bouquet of blooms this evening as I was coming home from the gym. The delivery truck was pulling out of the driveway as I was pulling in. I thought to myself, “this guy is lost…”
But he saw me pull in, so he stopped and followed me into the driveway. At that point I thought this was one of those creeps that stalks women and kills them while making deliveries. So I was planning out my best kick boxing moves so that if he tried anything, he was toast!
“Elizabeth Herman?” he asked.
I was dumbstruck. Nobody calls me by that name. Except my college roommate from back when I weighed almost 350lbs. I had lost track of her after college and when I went into the hospital, she was the only one who sent me flowers. Now here was the 10 year anniversary of that incident, and she had sent me flowers.
I signed for them with big tears in my eyes and went inside. I could not believe that Veronica (Vera) Sanchez was thinking of me! So I opened up the card that was in the flowers and I saw the phone number in there, and the VS initials…
After pulling myself together I called Vera. We talked till 3AM, and laughed about some of the old times that we remembered. It was one of those occasions that made such a difference in my life… and I asked Vera what made her think of that date…
“I almost lost my best friend on that day, so I made sure I would never forget. I set up the event reminder system that the florist has. They remind me of all my birthdays, anniversaries and even special dates that I never want to forget.”
I have been using postlater.net to remind me of things, to send greetings and such. But I thought about it and went to the florist’s website and added a link to it in this post, because I don’t want you to ever forget your friends, either!
- Captain Keymaster Alt | tory burch shoes
- UN troops to be moved to Sudan border | Army News at DefenseTalk
- [WIN/SRC] PS3 Multi Tool | PS3 Hacks
- Retail Florist. Extremely clean books! Absentee run. Very Profitable
- Toronto doctor charged with smuggling, lying to border police …
- White House Visit Monday for Boston College :: USCHO.com :: U.S. …
- Ratings: The home stretch begins :TV Tonight
- This Is Why People Find Alt Weeklies Annoying – The Awl
- Kenzie Marie: Home Studio » SRC-Imaging.com
- Six Reasons to Drop Your Home Sale Price | REALTOR.com® Blogs
We LOVE you so.. how about liking us on Facebook?..
Powered By Facebook Like Post Plugin